May 8, 2013
It's Wednesday, and so far it's thoroughly average. So don't mind me, I'm just blogging Every Day in May:
Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others
Hmmm... I think I'll give a few pieces. Lucky You!
When it comes to your career, be aggressive (but professional and likeable) about what you want. Whether its what you're doing or how much you get paid, set that bar early that you're on the track to getting it. I could follow this advice ALOT more, and actively try to.
At the end of the day, you gotta like the person. Sexiness and life goals and all that are important too, but you have to be with someone you're cool to hang out with all the time. Other stuff falls in to place when you're buddies and teammates first -- or at least I think.
FriendsSome friendships just don't give you back what you put in. When that happens, try to let it roll off your back. Or if you can't, cut them loose. That seems mean, but I find that time is better spent on people who make your world better. I struggle with this one too.
Misc. Winning at LifeAnd some random advice anecdotes:
- If you think you might need to be wearing Spanx, you probably do. Just buck up.
- It's better to be mean (really just very strict) to your puppy so you can be nice to your adult dog.
- Liquid-based diets are unrealistic and stupid.
- Own your stupid vices and guilty pleasures (I'm looking at you, E! channel). If you're going to hunker down and watch a marathon of My Strange Obsession, at least do it without regrets.
- Don't keep cookies or chips in your house. Just don't.
- It's ok to say no to stuff. If you don't feel like going somewhere or doing something, don't.
- Save money. Every paycheck. Every Time. That's just that.
So, any advice for me?
- Letting Go
- Songs, Memories, Nostalgia
- Memorial Day Weekend in Pictures
- Competent and Underrated
- My Top 3 Worst Traits
- Life Lessons
- Favorite Posts
- Favorite Blogs
- Wash Your Hands Like the Indians
- Fave Photo of Me
- My "Lot in life"
- Ten things that give me the happies
- Sorry for being a whiner
- Happy Mothers Day! Also, I miss college.
- Poodleist of Few Words in Fort Worth, TX
- Thoroughly underwhelming moment in my day
- Unsolicited Advice
- Number One Fear
- Weekend Shenanigans and What Do I Do?
- Serious Blog Crushes
- Some Favorite Quotes
- Things That Make Me Uncomfortable
- Cake Batter Waffles
- Blog Every Day In May
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2012 (111)
- ► 2011 (281)
- ► 2010 (265)