Nov 7, 2011
Last week two scary things happened. Like really scary things. Summary:
1. Last Sunday there was a violent home invasion that left two men hospitalized and a woman sexually assaulted. They were also robbed at gunpoint. This happened 4 doors down from roommate and I. One or more of the bad guys is still on the loose. Details here.
2. Tuesday night, a scary/crazy man came to our door wanting inside and we had to call the cops. We don't know if they got him.
They've seen what happened to their neighbor and are terrified. I can identify.
I really didn't have any qualms about the South Austin neighborhood I live in until this week. Its a large community of duplexes and I actually felt safer with so many people around. I'm sure the neighborhood hasn't gone totally to hell in a week's time, but I'm scared.
Roommate and I are both shaken up. We've bought pepperspray and our landlord has agreed to put in an alarm system we can use both when we're here an when we're away. I'm not sure what else to do, but I certainly am not resting easily.
So tell me, trusted women friends of the internet, do you live alone? What do you do to feel safe with the big bad world right outside your door? Please tell me tips.
(Don't even think about giving me any kind of crap like "I just snuggle my boyfriend tighter, and he takes care of all the bad guys." I need real stuff here, people.)
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (111)
- FML. Jealous. Hungry.
- It's OFFICIALLY Christmas.
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Guest Post - Thanks Meg!
- Ray LaMontagne - does it to me everytime
- Breaking Dawn - Official Thoughts
- Friday, November 18, 2011
- The Weirdest of the Twilight Weird
- Marcel the Shell with Shoes On - He's Back!
- Ultimate Twilight Fan Link Up!
- This. FREAKING. Weekend.
- I mace-d myself.
- Me needs the Armie
- 20 and Counting.
- Poppy Sparkle Nostrils
- Scary things.
- Fill in the Blank Friday
- Over it to the power of K
- Why, hello there, Movember
- The fat will need a tissue
- Halloween Recap
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2010 (265)