Nov 18, 2011
Yep, I'm actually writing the newflash. It's been forever. It's just so much work. I'm thrilled that my work is slowing down a bit and I actually have some free minutes to peruse the internet for mindless golden nuggets of greatness. (and to craft phrases like "golden nuggets of greatness") It feels good to be back, people...
1. There is a Ryan Gosling Pancake:
2. Science: nice guys are better dancers. A new study shows that men with "nice" traits are generally considered better dancers. This is how they did it: they had men fill out personality tests. Then, they made them dance in a room. Their bodies/moves were transposed on to an avatar. Women watched the dancing avatars and rated their sweet grooves. The men who were classified as "nice" got better dance scores!
Isn't that a cool thing? Win for nice guys out there. They don't always finish last I guess. However, this isn't great news for me. I tend to go for the flamboyant/comedic/ridiculous man dancing. Somehow I find all male dancing weird, and comedy is my priority. I always sort of felt like a man that's too good of a dancer must be homosexual. I guess that's my personal bigotry cross to bear.
3. Best Quote of the week:
"I have a muffin top, and that's OK." Why not just buy bigger pants? -- Amy Adams to InStyle
4. Absolute most disgusting quote of the week:
"When I look over at her when she's biting into a steak sandwich and there is some steak sauce dripping down her chin, there is nothing sexier than that" -- Liam Hemsworth about his girlfriend, Miley Cyrus
Sick. Gross. What a terrible thought. I already find Miley kind of awful, without steak sauce on her face. Also, how did she get that sexpot as a boyfriend?
5. Bacon Lube. It's real:
THIS JUST IN! BACON! There are too many jokes in the "delicious meat flavored member" realm for me to even go there. Bacon lube. giggle.
6. First images of Beyonce's wedding gown! Beyonce and Jazy-Z got married April 4, 2008 (my 22nd birthday, I might add) and nobody anywhere has seen any images from the event. Good for her. But now, she released a highlight reel of sorts about her life so far with some snapshots of the thing:
Hi, there's a train. A big train. The gown was designed by her mother, Tina Knowles, and I think it's gorgeous. I think that neckline and draping at the top is beautiful. I want something like it. (Oh, wedding gowns, how you instantly force me to face my own biological clock and feel an instant pang of jealousy of all brides.) Anyway, just thought I'd share. I don't know if I've told you this before, but I'm a big fan of hers.
I'm going to try to get back on this newsflash thing. I love the tidbits, I really do. Have a super weekend! I'm going into a Twilight coma.
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (111)
- FML. Jealous. Hungry.
- It's OFFICIALLY Christmas.
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Guest Post - Thanks Meg!
- Ray LaMontagne - does it to me everytime
- Breaking Dawn - Official Thoughts
- Friday, November 18, 2011
- The Weirdest of the Twilight Weird
- Marcel the Shell with Shoes On - He's Back!
- Ultimate Twilight Fan Link Up!
- This. FREAKING. Weekend.
- I mace-d myself.
- Me needs the Armie
- 20 and Counting.
- Poppy Sparkle Nostrils
- Scary things.
- Fill in the Blank Friday
- Over it to the power of K
- Why, hello there, Movember
- The fat will need a tissue
- Halloween Recap
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2010 (265)