Sep 13, 2011
Last night I tried a new recipe that I'm in love with. Courtesy of
my new daytime lover Pinterest, of course, I decided to give it a whirl when tasked with preparing a birthday treat for a non-chocolate eater. I don't get this ridiculous concept, but she's one of my besties, so I treated it as a confectionary challenge.
Blueberry UpsideDown Cake
Fancy profesh photo. But mine looked pretty good too.
Find the recipe HERE, but it was super easy and you should totally try it...
1. Gather all the goodies. It's kind of a lot of ingredients, but they're all normal stuff:
2. Create layer of butter, sugar and berries. Yes, the berries coated in butter and sugar are as tasty as you would imagine.
3. Whip up the batter. I've decided from scratch batter is the only way for me anymore. Baking snob? Maybe.
4. Bake and flip!
The tart and sweet gooey goodness was pretty amazeballs. I think the birthday girl was pleased.
Just for funsies, take a look at how good looking my friends are:
Lately we've been blowing up the at-home dinner parties. I'm loving it. Inexpensive, funner, and dogs get to come! Love my life and friends here.
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (111)
- Friday, September 30, 2011
- Fill in the Blank Friday!
- Update: Supreme fish tail success
- Braids on the Brain
- television is BACK!
- Friends Are the Family You Choose
- Merah - Shiny Sparkly things I love
- Off the wagon - help
- It's OK....
- Drawbridge officially down
- New Award!
- Emmys Fashion Recap!
- MORE Breaking Dawn Trailer
- Broken Target
- Blueberry Upsidedown (Birthday) Cake
- TOTAL FANTASY DOMINATION.
- It's OK...
- PSYCHED for September
- WILW and Oh, How Pinteresting
- I fell in to a burnin' ring of fire
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2010 (265)