Aug 22, 2011
Today my heart goes out to all my teacher friends. In alot of places it's the first day of school. I know several of you teachers in the blog world, some BFFs in the real world, heck, even my momma!
There are some of the things I really miss about school days:Also, some of my favorite cinematic nuggets take place in schools:
A part of me has a spiteful smirk about all of you having to get back to work after a summer of relaxation, but really I'm just feeling nostalgic about the whole back to school experience. I remember the nervousness of first day. I love an annual fresh start. I should try to replicate it in my adult life.
- First day butterflies. In high school I think about my outfit for weeks. Recently I was headed out for the night and tried on around 7825416 outfits. I guess not much has changed on that front.
- Best pals all around. One of my favorite memories of high school is getting to gab with my friends throughout the day. I loved the between-classes, 5-minute gossip summit every day. I guess I still sort of do that with my favorites via internet during the work day, but not the same.
- Backpacks. I love a backpack. I wish I could carry one around with me everyday. I guess I could, but I'm trying to be a marginally attractive adult female.
- School supplies. Fresh pencils, notebooks and markers have always excited me. I have a feeling times have changed a little:
- Summer and winter breaks. Enough said.
On a related note, a recent favorite teacher, who I know in the real world, always begins a new semester with a joke. This was the choice for today:
What kind of clothes do clouds wear?
Giggles galore. Happy first day, teachers!
For the rest of us, happy another Monday....WOMP, WOMP.
- ► 2013 (81)
- ► 2012 (111)
- Oh How Pinteresting Wednesday
- DWTS - all over the board
- VMA's Recap
- BEYONCE BABY. should this be a holiday in my world...
- Have a fun weekend lovelies, I know I will! ;...
- Obligatory Heat-Related Post..I really tried to ho...
- Book, Television, Movie of Recent Note
- How about a piece of cheer on a Monday evening?
- Happy First Day of School!
- Flying Solo.
- My lip gloss is poppin'. My lipgloss is cool.
- What I'm Loving Wednesday!
- BEST. Gift. EVER.
- Uncle Jessie's Snugglefest
- Mindless Mancandy: Gosling GIFs
- Friday August 12, 2011
- Cabs a here
- Dwarf Stripper Pole in a Bathroom Treehouse
- Hey, it's OK!
- Blackout: hot, dark, terror fest
- Bachelor Pad = Total Absurdity
- Notice anything different?
- Friday, August 5 2011
- Happy on a Friday
- A Pig? Really?
- Swedish: 0, Casey: 1
- Hey! It's Ok....
- A joke to start my morning...
- ManCandy Monday: Taylor Kitsch
- New month, same me, just calmer
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2010 (265)