Jan 28, 2011
X. Snooki and JWOWW are getting their own show. The spin off gods have finally answered my prayers! The girls will be moving in together and dealing with "real world problems." But, right off the bat, they've mentioned that the girls will be shopping for a $1.5 million home. That's not very "real world" to me. Anyway, as you can imagine, chaos will ensue as the girls try to navigate the tricky and troubling waters of living on their own. Give me a damn break. It irritates me to no end that these two have that much money to spend and are to dumb to figure out how. I'll definitely be watching, though. (Dammit, hoodwinked by the Jersey-ites again!)
X. You could get the plague from sleeping with your pet. According to USA Today, there is a new study that shows if you let your pet in the bed with you, you can get seriously sick. Pet cuddles, kisses and other sweet interactions can transmit serious diseases. The instances are "uncommon, if not rare." Among these diseases is the bubonic plague - yes, that bubonic plague that you're thinking of, the "Black Death" one. Now, I'm all for science warning me about my risky behaviors, but give me a break. The person who did this study has clearly never been a single girl alone in her first home with a new puppy who wont sleep through the night. Now, years later, that puppy (and the girl) can't sleep anywhere else but together. Clearly, they've never been in that position. I think I'll take my chances on the bubonic plague. There are few things I love more than cuddling the prince in the morning between my snoozes. Boo, science.
X. Spanish superbaby has arrived! Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem's Spaniard spawn is in the world now. The little precious tot was born in Los Angeles earlier this week. It's a boy, but no word on a name yet. I don't know why I take such great pleasure in the birth of what's sure to be a nearly perfect child. It's very unlike me. It's something about babies that just does this to me - pure joy. Other famous people stories make me jealous, but when it comes to the babies, I just want to squeal like a girl - especially if they're Latino mega-fetuses.
X. They've "Family Shield"-ed Elton John. A supermarket in Arkansas gave Elton's John's new family the porn treatment:
I'm not real wild about this situation. Actually, it infuriates me. I understand not having some porn star's lady parts in a kid's face, but this is a happy modern family. The shield is to "protect young shoppers." Isn't it about time that kids learn that there are people out there who might not be just like them? It's crap like this that makes gay teens commit suicide. Not happy. Done with soapbox now...
X. Every state is bad at something. I found this cool graphic:
Trouble seeing it? Click here to see a giant-er one.
The premise is that every state has some dismal statistic to report. There are explanations here (and they're mega interesting, see Mississippi), but these are a few of my favorites...
- Utah - most porn usage
- Washington - most bestiality
- Ohio - nerdiest state
- North Dakota - ugliest residents
- Indiana - least "green" state
- Louisiana - most Gonorrhea
- Pennsylvania - most arson
Giggles. What might be even more ridiculous is how few of those states I could identify without their names on the map...FML.
Wow. Who wrote that line about "virgin pirate"? I need that job. It's pretty fitting for the sweetness that is Ke$ha. The story also says that she spends multiple hours in hair and makeup trying to achieve that look. Have you ever heard those statistics like ,"you will have spent a whole year of your life on the toilet by the time you die."...? Well, I'm curious how much of Ke$ha's life will have been devoted to pirate-izing herself? Sad - but awesome for us."I'm trying to look like a virginal punk rock pirate" -- Kesha on her "look"
X. Reportedly, Lady Gaga's new perfume will smell like "blood and semen." What is there even to say about that? I'm grossed out to no end, but of course, I'm extremely curious. What is it about Gaga that makes me want to do weird things - like sniff blood and semen? What makes me giggle is when this fragrance will actually arrive in stores. Will the annoying ladies at Macy's be shoving little blood and semen-scented sticks in your face? Gross, but hilarious.
Thanks for reading guys! Have a wonderful weekend. Try to out fun me this weekend...I dare you! Heart you!
As for last week, special thanks so much to Megan, DillyPoo and Marian for playing! All of their blogs are internet magicsparkles, so go check 'em out! Here's how to get hopping away:
1. Become a follower of Poodleism.
2. Write your own Friday Newsflash post on your blog. It can be about any silly (or serious) thing in the world. Write about something you heard recently, a news story that caught your eye or just an announcement you want to shout from the rooftops! It really can be anything! Even just one thing is great. Also, add this sparkly (not really) button to your post:
3. Join the link up below. It's open until Sunday at midnight.
4. Sometime next week (I'm still trying to figure out all the particulars of this part) I'll go pick a favorite and give you a sweet shout out!
Ready, Set Hop:
- ► 2012 (111)
- Friday, January 28 - Friday Newsflash is hop-tasti...
- Tahoe is TOMORROW!
- God Bless Texas - and OPI
- Happy Australia Day!
- Razzies and Oscars announced!
- Top 2 Tuesday - Healthy Recipes and Snacks!
- Spotted: One Poodleist glued to her couch in compl...
- Friday, January 21, 2010 (let's get hoppin')
- Pokey on the outside, cuddly on the inside
- My body is rejecting 2011
- Get Crazy. Get Wild. Let's Party. Get Loud.
- Great Green Golden Globes Fashion
- Friday, January 14, 2011 - NEW AND IMPROVED NEWSF...
- What would I do without dogs?
- Tahoe, here I come!
- Random Twilight notes on a glorious Tuesday
- 1/11/11 - LUCKIEST DAY EVER
- Honesty - it's not just a celebrity baby name
- Swan nightmares.
- Friday, January 7, 2010
- Friday - Flirty and Fill in the Blank
- My children will never go to Blockbuster?
- Sandra Lee has my dream life
- Kathy Lee and Hoda - maybe not so terrible
- Miscellany Monday
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2010 (265)