1. This week at NBC they offered a racially-insensitive lunch special in the cafeteria to celebrate Black History month. The menu was rife with racial stereotypes. In the last few days, various black people have said they're not offended by it and its just a delicious menu. If this isn't offensive, I think I've been all wrong about racism this whole time....but it does sound tasty.
2. A lot of famous people have shockingly died lately and this week it seems that all at once we are getting some answers this week. Here are the death updates: Michael Jackson's wack-tastic doctor has been charged with manslaughter. Brittany Murphy's death was attributed to "community acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia, and multiple drug intoxication." Duh. ("That was WAY HARSH TYE.") Heiress Casey Johnson's death was due to natural causes, specifically diabetes-related complications. It's sad that "natural causes" didn't even occur to me before, I feel guilty for that.
3. This ad ran in Korea for Good-Nites diapers. It's partly creepy, but mostly hilarious. Made me giggle like a crazy person. David Beckham is one of the sexiest men alive, but I like this mockery of modeling, as some of the photoshoots get a little ridic. Take for example Becks sliding nude either up or down some kind giant ship rope. Whatever, still H-O-T-T.
4. Jennifer Aniston is supposedly perusing the internet for a non-famous boyfriend to serve as arm candy. According to her alleged Craigslist posting, she seeks "wealthy businessman, not a celebrity." I've been over Maniston for a while now, talk about desperate. I can't even get into all the ways she irritates the balls out of me. On the other hand, she shops for boyfriends online. Stars..they're just like US!
5. Louis Vuitton is launching a bag that looks like a trashbag. Huh? I've coveted many of the timeless and beautiful LV bags for years now, but really? The best part of it all is that the price is $2,000! I've been known to be a slave to fashion, but I just can't get behind this one. Put one in the precious hands of Serena Van Der Woodsen and maybe I'll be singing another tune. 6. The last living member of an ancient tribe died last week. Not only was she only surviving member of the Bo tribe, who live on the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean, but the last person to speak their language. So not only is the tribe extinct, but a whole language is too. It blows my mind that this single 85-year-old woman was the only key to a whole culture. The tribe is believed to have lived on the islands for over 65,000 years, making them one of the most direct descendants of super ancient peoples. WHOA. This kind of thing fascinates me, its kind of like how I feel about space, the vastness of humanity is just ridiculous sometimes.
7. This is just for fun: I've had my eye on this little hunk of meat for a while now. Kellan Lutz plays on of the Cullen vampires in Twilight. Thats one mark in the Pro column right of the bat. He's a major sexpot and seemingly good guy. I guess the news item here is that I'm officially adding him to my ManCandy radar. I'm desperate to know how you become a muscle mister like the one shown here.
- ► 2012 (111)
- ► 2011 (281)
- Friday newsflash!
- This week I'm trapped in (aka a random Hampton Inn...
- R-Patz + K-Stew = SO-DUMB
- WTF happened to Meg Ryan's face?
- Lost my voice....wonder where it's hiding?
- Actual Real Poodle News!
- Am I really that obsessed?
- Fashion week is a fantasyland
- Mardi Gras = Absolute Absurdity
- A real snowman?
- The things that fall out of their mouths....
- Raise your anchor
- Friday newsflash!
- Don't TEAse me about all the purple stuff
- Nugget love.
- Get your booties on...It's COOOOLD out there!
- Manfriend did good.
- ▼ February (17)